Staying hydrated is something that has always been important but challenging for me, and sometimes, plain water just doesn’t cut it. That’s where electrolyte drinks come in, and one of the popular options in the market is LMNT Electrolytes. In this review, I’ll take a closer look at what they are, their pros and cons, and my taste test of some of the different flavors available.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this review are based on my personal experience with LMNT Electrolytes and should not be considered medical advice. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional before making any changes to your healthcare regime.
What are LMNT Electrolytes?
LMNT Electrolytes are a hydration drink mix designed to replenish vital electrolytes lost during sweating, exercise, or just everyday activities. They are formulated with a unique balance of sodium, potassium, and magnesium, without any added sugar or carbs. They come in individual packets, making them easy to take on the go and mix into your water bottle.
The Pros and Cons of LMNT Electrolytes
- A salt leaning electrolyte solution: every rehydration solution has a unique mix of electrolytes, LMNT’s is heavier on salt which is a welcome option in the market.
- Tastes great: LMNT Electrolytes come in a variety of flavors that taste great, even the plain one.
- No added sugar or carbs: they are a great option for those on a low-carb or ketogenic diet.
- Portable: The individual packets make it easy to bring with you wherever you go, whether it’s the gym or the office. The packaging feels high quality and tough meaning I don’t fear they will burst open at the bottom of my backpack
- Helps me with hydration: LMNT Electrolytes provide an effective way to replenish electrolytes lost during sweating or other activities for me personally.
- Keep scissors handy: I’ve sometimes found it difficult to rip open the packet and pour it into their water bottle, but this can be easily solved by using scissors.
- Bend it in half: Many electrolytes and drink mixes have thin openings so they can fit in a conventionally sized disposable water bottle. The packets need to be bent in half to fit in the same sized bottle opening. This doesn’t tend to be an issue for me because I use a large mouth water bottle, like the one pictured below.
My thoughts and experience with LMNT Electrolytes – Are they Hydrating?
As someone who struggles with hydration, LMNT Electrolytes have been a game-changer for me. They are the electrolyte mix I reach for most often. As someone who has tried multiple types of electrolyte drinks, I have found that LMNT work the best for me most of the time.
It’s important to remember that everyone’s electrolyte balance is different, so what works for one person may not work for another. For me, I have found that since LMNT Electrolytes are salt-leaning and do not contain any carbs, have been beneficial for my needs. I appreciate that they have helped me tremendously with my hydration, and I am so grateful that they are available.
However, it’s always best to consult a healthcare professional before adding anything new to your diet, to ensure that it’s safe and appropriate for your individual needs.
LMNT Flavors – Taste Test!
The flavors are delicious, I don’t think there is one I didn’t like. There are no added sugars or carbs, yet they still taste great. I also appreciate the plain flavor, which is perfect for when I’m in a situation where I need a quick hydration fix and don’t want the additives.
LMNT Electrolytes come in a range of flavors, including citrus, watermelon, raspberry, and grapefruit. I’ve tried many of the flavors, and they all taste great. However, I recommend using cold water to mix the drink as they tend to taste better this way, especially for the plain flavor, which masks the salty taste since there is no citric acid or other artificial sweeteners to mask the salty flavor.
- Lime LMNT: a refreshing and tangy option for those who enjoy citrusy flavors. The lime flavor is prominent but not overpowering, and it balances well with the saltiness of the electrolytes. The drink mixes well with cold water and provides a nice boost of hydration.
- Orange LMNT: a classic and delicious option for those who enjoy fruity flavors. The orange taste is sweet but not overly, and it complements the salty taste of the electrolytes. The drink mixes well with cold water. If you’re a fan of orange-flavored drinks, the Orange is definitely worth a try.
- Citrus Salt LMNT: this flavor tastes great and is a refreshing zesty and tangy drink. The citrus flavors blend well together, and the saltiness is not too overpowering.
- Raspberry Salt LMNT: Raspberry Salt is probably my favorite LMNT flavor! It’s a sweet and fruity option for those who prefer sweeter flavors. It has a slightly less citrus edge than the Lime, Orange, and Citrus Salt flavors. The raspberry taste is prominent, and it complements the saltiness of the electrolytes well. Like all the flavored LMNT’s I prefer them with chilled water.
Conclusion: Final thoughts on LMNT Electrolytes
Overall, LMNT Electrolytes are an excellent hydration option that provide essential electrolytes without any added sugars or carbs. The flavors are delicious, and the individual packets make it easy to bring them with you wherever you go. While they might not work for everyone, they have been a helpful to me, and I’m happy that I did give them a try. With a variety of flavors to choose from, everyone is sure to find one that you love. Plus, the plain flavor is perfect for those who want a quick hydration fix without any extra additives.
They are great for those who need standalone hydration, such as athletes or those who find themselves dehydrated often. However, it’s important to note that everyone’s electrolyte balance is different, and what works for one person might not work for another. It’s always best to consult a healthcare professional before adding anything to your diet.