This peach cocktail recipe is great peachy keen drink for hot summer days and relaxing on the porch. It’s refreshing and nourishing as it is picture perfect.
- 4 large overripe peaches or 2 cans of peaches (save water if using canned peaches)
- 1/2 cup white sugar (omit if using canned peaches)
- 1/2 cup water (omit if using canned peaches)
- Juice from 2 large limes
- Vodka or alcohol of your choice
- Mint and/or lime for garnish
- Add peaches, water, and sugar into a saucepan and simmer on medium heat until caramelized.
- Mash them around using a wooden spoon until the consistency is smooth.
- Stir in the lime juice. This is the peach lime puree that you can store in the fridge for up to a week or freeze so it lasts the entire summer.
- When you are ready to mix the peach cocktail use equal parts peach puree and vodka until you are happy with the consistency.
- Garnish with mint and lime.
- Drink this peachy keen drink right away. Best served on a hot summer day.